Monday, June 6, 2016

Live Advertisement













I got this email from the RIMS organization a few days ago. Others I know received the exact same email. They want the speakers to pay for the privilege of speaking at their event.

********

Dear David,

Thank you so much for your continued support of RIMS Annual Conference & Exhibition. As a past speaker, I wanted to let you know about our new registration policy for speakers. All speakers will need to purchase a full-conference access pass for US $500, a savings of up to US $795 off the attendee rate. This pass will give you access to the entire conference, and to RIMS preferred housing.

The RIMS 2017 call for presentations will open in early June. We’ll send out more information then.

We look forward to your submission.

Sincerely,













Stuart Ruff
Vice President, Events and Education

********

Talk about alienation via blatant commercialization... I hope everyone has a good time listening to endless live advertisement.

Stuart - save the postage and effort. I don't need any information about presentation submissions.

BTW - I have never spoken at RIMS. Every single one of my prior topic submissions were rejected, I assume because they were outside the RIMS safe, risk management formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment